Share this Post
These adverbs are used to say when something happens. Adverbs improve your writing and your speaking as they give a little bit of extra information about what you want to say.
The most common adverbs of frequency are:
- usually / normally / generally / typically
- often / frequently / regularly
- occasionally / from time to time
- rarely / hardly ever / seldom
- once in a lifetime
Example sentences with adverbs of frequency.
1. I always wake up at 6a.m.
2. I usually go to bed at 10p.m.
3. I often forget where I put my keys!
4. I sometimes watch a movie before I go to sleep.
4. Sometimes, I watch a movie before I go to sleep.
4. I watch a movie before I go to sleep sometimes.
Note: SOMETIMES is flexible in sentence structure. You can use sometimes at the beginning of the sentence, at the end of the sentence or before the main verb.
5. I occasionally go for a run in the morning.
6. I rarely go shopping.
7. I never drink and drive. That’s crazy!
Here’s a little video presentation of adverbs of frequency.