Listen or download the listening practice podcast and answer the questions.
- Where was the presenter and his wife when they lost their child?
- When did the woman’s child go missing? When was the child lost?
- How old is the child?
- (02.05) The mother says, ‘I could not think ___________.’.
- (03.10 – 03.10) Find an expression that means, ‘directly in front of me’.
- Who was James Bolger? What happened to him?
- How did the mum feel about her daughter running around?
- Who has taken the child?
- Describe the people who have taken the child.
- What is ‘every person’s nightmare’?
Listening Practice- Exercise 2
- (0.14) In the first episode, we heard _________ from the ___________ mother of a toddler missing from Primark.
- (2.50) What did the police know at this stage of the story?
- (03.10 – 03.30) What are the girls wearing?
- (04.08) Then just total panic _____ _______ and my blood must have gone completely _______.
- (04.40) Child abduction is __________, child abduction by two school girls is _____ ________.
- Where did Nick Miller hear about James Bolger?
- Why does this case remind everyone of the Bolger one?
- How far behind the girls are the police?
Listening Practice- Exercise 3
- Write a little summary of the information the police collect in this episode.
Listening Practice- Exercise 4
- What does Graham Dodds realise?
- When was the last time the girls’ mother saw them?
- Where are the girls spotted?
- What was the reaction when the child was found?
Listening Practice- Exercise 5
- What is different about the toddler when she is returned to her mother?
- What do the police find on the teenager’s tablet?
- What do the police think the motivation behind the abduction?
- What are the girls arrested for?
- What do the police think the motive behind the abduction was?