Common Phrases with Take for A2 / Elementary Level of English
take a course / take an exam / take a test / take lessons
- Why are your studying English? I’m taking a test next week.
- You have to take exams before you can go to university.
- I’m taking English lessons with a very good teacher.
take with transport (car / bus / train / boat)
- I like to take trains when I go on holiday.
- How do you go to school? I take the bus.
- If you come to Malta, you must take a boat trip to Comino. It’s very beautiful.
- You can’t learn a language in a day, it takes time.
- How long does it take to get to the city by bus?
- My teacher gives us a lot of homework exercises. It takes me 3 hours to do it!
Take + thing with you
- Are you going running? Take some water with you. It’s very hot.
- Oh no! I forgot to take an umbrella and now it’s raining.
- I don’t take a camera on holiday anymore. I bring my phone.
And remember we TAKE photos with a camera.