There are many idioms which can be used to express the meaning of being happy or happiness. Here are just a few:
- to make your day
- to be floating / walking on air
- to be thrilled to bits / pieces
- to be on top of the world
- to be on cloud nine
- to be over the moon
- to be in seventh heaven
- to be like a dog with two tails
- to jump for joy
- to be a happy camper
(as) happy as…..
- to be (as) happy as Larry
- to be (as) happy as a lark
- to be (as) happy as a pig in mud
- to be (as) happy as a clam
Example sentences using idioms meaning happy
1. I jumped for joy when I got the scholarship.
2. Getting the scholarship made my day.
3. I’ve been floating on air ever since I got the scholarship.
4. I’m thrilled to bits that I got the scholarship.
5. I’ve been on top of the world ever since I got the scholarship.
6. I’ve been on cloud nine since getting the sholarship.
7. I’m over the moon after getting the scholarship.
8. I’ve been in seventh heaven ever since getting the scholarship.
9. He was as happy as Larry when he got the scholarship.
10.He’s been like a dog with two tails ever since he got the scholarship.