USED TO Grammar Rules
- Use the form USED TO for past habits & regular or habitual actions in the past.
- The negative form of USED TO is didn’t use to.
- The question form of USED TO is: Did you use to…..?
- USED TO is often used with the phrases anymore or any longer.
- Use the Past Simple for actions that happened only once in the past. However, you can also use the Past Simple with adverbs of frequency to talk about past habits or regular actions in the past.
USED TO: 1. I used to ride my bike to school when I was a child. 2. I didn’t use to eat vegetables when I was younger. 3. Did your mother use to make you eat your vegetables?
PAST SIMPLE: 1. I rode my bike 4 times last week. 2. I didn’t eat any vegetables when I was younger. 3. Did your mother always make you eat your vegetables when you were younger?